Published and accepted clinical research or basic science articles in refereed journals:
- Brann DW, Putnam-Roberts C, Mahesh VB. Antagonism of estrogen-induced prolaction release by dihydrotestosterone. Biol Reprod. 1989 Jun;40(6):1201-7.
- Brann DW, Putnam CD, Mahesh VB. Corticosteroid regulation of gonadotropin and prolactin secretion in the rat. Endocrinology. 1990 Jan;126(1):159-66.
- Brann DW, Putnam CD, Mahesh VB. Gamma-aminobutyric acidA receptors mediate 3alpha-hydroxy-5*-pregnan-20-one induced gonadotropin secretion. Endocrinology. 1990 Apr;126(4):1854-9.
- Brann DW, Putnam CD, Mahesh VB. Dose-related effects of progesterone and dihydroprogesterone upon estrogen-induced prolactin release. J Neuroendocrinol. 1990 Jun 1;2(3):341-5.
- Brann DW, Putnam CD, Mahesh VB. Similarities and differences in progesterone and androgens in modulation of LH, FSH and PRL release: unexpected properties of flutamide. J Steroid Biochem. 1990 Jul 4;36(4):287-94.
- Brann DW, Putnam CD, Mahesh VB. Corticosteroid regulation of gonadotropin secretion and induction of ovulation in the rat. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine 1990 193:176-180.
- Brann DW, Putnam CD, Mahesh VB. Validation of the mechanisms proposed for the stimulatory and inhibitory effects of progesterone on gonadotropin secretion in the estrogen-primed rat. Steroids. 1991 Feb; 56(2):103-11.
- Brann DW, McDonald JK, Putnam CD, Mahesh VB. Regulation of hypothalamic gonadotropin-releasing hormone and neuropeptide Y concentrations by progesterone and corticosteroids in immature rats: correlation with luteinizing and follicle-stimulating
hormone release. Neuroendocrinology. 1991 Nov;54(5):425-32.
- Putnam CD, Brann DW, Mahesh VB. Acute activation of the adrenocorticotropin-adrenal axis: effect upon gonadotropin secretion in the female rat. Endocrinology. 1991 May;128(5):2558-66.
- Putnam CD, Brann DW, Kolbeck RC, Mahesh VB. Inhibition of uterine contractility by progesterone and progesterone metabolites: Mediation by progesterone and GABAA receptor systems. Biol Reprod. 1991 Aug;45(2):266-72.
- Putnam-Roberts C, Brann DW, Mahesh VB. Role of 5 alpha-reductions in progesterone's ability to release LH and FSH in ovariectomized rats. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1992 Sep; 42(8):875-82.
- Brann DW, Putnam-Roberts C, Mahesh VB. Progesterone and corticosteroid regulation of hypothalamic and pituitary opioid content during LH surge induction Mol Cell Neurosci. 1992 Jun;3(3):191-8.
- Brann DW, Zamorano P, Putnam-Roberts C, Mahesh VB. Gamma-Aminobutyric acid-opioid interactions in the regulation of gonadotropin secretion in the female rat. Neuroendocrinology. 1992 Oct;56(4):445-52.
- Roberts CP, Parthasarathy S, Gulati R, Horowitz IR, Murphy AA. Effects of RU486 and related compounds on the proliferation of cultured macrophages. Am J Reprod Immunol. 1995 Oct;34(4):248-56.
- Roberts CP, Murphy AA, Santanam N, Parthasarathy S. The effect of RU-486 and related compounds on cultured macrophage differentiation and function. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996 Aug;175(2):248-57; discussion 257-9.
- Roberts CP, Murphy AA and Parthasarathy S. Regulation of monocyte and macrophage differentiation by anti-glucocorticoids and anti-oxidants Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998 Aug;179(2):354-62.
- Roberts CP, Murphy AA, Parthasarathy S. Regulation of monocyte and macrophage differentiation by anti-glucocorticoids and anti-oxidants. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998 Aug;179(2):354-62.
- Rock JA, Roberts CP, Hesla JS. Hysteroscopic metroplasty of the Class Va uterus with preservation of the cervical septum. Fertil Steril. 1999 Nov;72(5):942-5.
- Roberts CP, Haber MJ, Rock J.A. Vaginal creation for müllerian agenesis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001 Dec;185(6):1349-52; discussion 1352-3.
- Dobs AS, Nguyen T, Pace C, Roberts CP. Differential effects of oral estrogen versus oral estrogen-androgen replacement therapy on body composition in postmenopausal women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Apr;87(4):1509-16.
- Steiner M, Pearlstein T, Cohen LS, Endicott J, Kornstein SG, Roberts C, Roberts DL, Yonkers K. Expert guidelines for the treatment of severe PMS, PMDD, and co-morbidities: the role of SSRIs. J Women's Health (Larchmt). 2006 Jan-Feb;15(1):57-69.
- Omurtag K, Session D, Brahma P, Matlack A, Roberts CP. Horizontal uterine torsion in the setting of complete cervical and partial vaginal agenesis: A case report. Fertil Steril. 2009 May;91(5):1957.e13-5. Epub 2009 Feb 24.
- Asante A, Omurtag K, Roberts CP. Epidermal inclusion cyst of the clitoris 30 years after Stage I female genital mutilation: A case report. Fertil Steril. 2010 Aug;94(3):1097.e1-3. Epub 2010 Mar 16.
- Rock, JA, Roberts CP, and Jones HW Jr. Congenital anomalies of the uterine cervix: lessons from 30 cases managed by a common protocol. Fertil Steril. 2010 Oct;94(5):1858-63. 2010 Nov 25.
- Roberts CP, Rock JA: Surgical methods in the treatment of congenital anomalies of the uterine cervix. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol; 2011 Aug;23(4):251-7
- Roberts CP and Rock JA. Tubocornual anastomosis in the treatment of proximal tubal disease. Operative Techniques in Gynecologic Surgery 1997;2:4(October):255-261.
- Roberts CP, Rock JA. Surgical treatment for endometriosis. J GynecolTechnique 1999;5(2):67.
- Roberts CP, Majmudar B, Murphy A. The endometrium and infertility. J GynecolTechnique 2000;6(1):17.
- Roberts CP and Murphy A. Endocrinopathies associated with recurrent pregnancy loss. Semin Reprod Med. 2000;18(4):357-62.
- Roberts CP, Rock JA. The current staging system for endometriosis: does it help? Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2003 Mar;30(1):115-32.
- Roberts CP, Horowitz IR. Reproductive issues in the gynecologic cancer patient. Oncology. Williston Park, New York: 2007 Apr;21(5):598-606; discussion 606-9.
- Roberts CP, Taylor RN. Applications of estradiol and testosterone assays in the management of the infertile female patient. Steroids. 2008 Dec 12;73(13):1328-32. Epub 2008 Jul 17.
- Brann DW, Putnam CD, Mahesh VB. Regulation of follicle-stimulating hormone by natural and synthetic corticosteroids. Regulation and Action of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone. M. Hunzicher-Dunn
and Schwartz NB, editors. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1991;303-309.
- Roberts CP and Murphy AA. Surgery of the fallopian tube. Practical Strategies in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Moghissi K, editor. New York: W.B. Saunders Company, 1998.
- Roberts CP and Rock JA. Endometriosis. Practical Strategies in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Moghissi K, editor. New York: W.B. Saunders Company, 1998.
- Roberts CP and Rock JA. J.A. Endometriosis. Fast Facts: Gynaecological Highlights. Thomas EJ and Stones R, editors. Oxford, United Kingdom: Health Press Limited, 1998-9; 34-42.
- Roberts CP. Dysfunctional uterine bleeding, WebEBM:2001.
- Roberts CP and Rock JA. Treatment of uterine anomalies. Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility: Current Trends and Developments. Seang LT and Tulandi T, editors. New York: Marcel Dekker
- Roberts, C.P. Disorders of the Adrenal Gland. Clinical Gynecology. Bieber EJ, Sanfilippo JS, Horowitz IR, editors. Philadelphia PA: Elsevier Science, 2006, Chapter 64, pages 917-936.
- Roberts CP, Breech LS. The Neovagina. Advances in Reconstructive Vaginal Surgery. Kovac SR and Zimmerman KW, editors. Philadelphia PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2011.
- Dun E, Roberts C. Uterine curettage. Medical Management of the Surgical Patient, 5th edition. Lubin EF, Dodson TF, Winawer NH, editors. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Kawwass JF and Roberts CP. Leiomyomata Uteri and Mhyomectomy. TeLinde's Operative Gynecology, 11th edition. Philadelphia PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2013.
- Roberts, C.P. and Best MW. Disorders of the Adrenal Gland. Clinical Gynecology, 2nd edition. Bieber EJ, Sanfilippo JS, Horowitz IR, editors. Philadelphia PA: Elsevier Science, 2014, (in press).
- Roberts, C.P., Hipp, H and Rock JA. Female Genital Tract Congenital Malformations: Classification, Diagnosis, and Management. Grigoris F. Grimbizis and Rudi Campo, editors. Springer, 2014 (in press).
- Common Errors in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Roberts CP and Broomfield DP, editors. Philadelphia PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2010.